I have always loved the feel of fabric, yarn, thread and all manner of natural materials in my hands. Exploring the textile arts has been a passion of mine since childhood. When my hands are idle, I get antsy and the best cure I know is to get back to work.
In the 1970s, with the help of a few library books and a stack of mahogany lumber, my husband and I built a small table loom so I could teach myself how to weave. Weaving soon became an obsession. During the next twenty-five years, I accumulated several large floor looms, completed dozens of rugs and tapestries, taught classes at the Guilford Art Center, and led workshops at the Brookfield Craft Center, Creative Arts Workshop and in my Madison, CT studio.
My work has been exhibited throughout the U.S. and includes numerous commissions for public, residential, liturgical and corporate entities including:
- Aetna, Inc. (Hartford, CT)
- Cigna (Bloomfield, CT)
- KPMG (Hartford, CT)
- Saint Lawrence Church (Killingworth, CT)
- Scovill Corporation World Headquarters (Waterbury, CT)
- The State of Connecticut Public Arts Program (Hartford, CT),
Solo and two-person shows include:
- Duke University (NC)
- Del Mano Gallery (CA)
- Connecticut Public Television (Hartford, CT)
- Schenectady Arts & Science Museum (NY)
- Paul Mellon Arts Center (CT).
In 2016, my husband and I moved to Westbrook, CT, greatly downsizing our living and work space, and simplifying our lives. Thanks again to his ingenuity and carpentry skills, a small, yet efficient corner of our new home serves beautifully as my current studio. I no longer weave, but am equally passionate about creating artistic and functional textile pieces for home and fashion. My product line currently includes:
- One-of-a-kind, hand-dyed textile baskets and bowls that are timeless, durable and endlessly useful;
- Soft neckwear made with fabrics from around the world; and
- A unique sprinkling of fun and functional items for home, office and gift giving.
Contact me for current information on product availability.
Information on care, cleaning and materials is available on my FAQ page.