I have always loved the feel of fabric, yarn, thread and all manner of natural materials in my hands. Exploring the textile arts has been a passion of mine since childhood. When my hands are idle, I get antsy and the best cure I’ve found is to get back to work.
In the 1970s, with the help of a few library books and a stack of mahogany, my husband and I built a small table loom so that I could teach myself to weave. Weaving soon became an obsession. Over the course of the next twenty-five years, I accumulated several big floor looms and wove dozens of rugs and tapestries. During that time, I also taught at the Guilford Art Center and led workshops at the Brookfield Craft Center, Creative Arts Workshop and in my Madison, CT studio.
Since then, my work has been exhibited throughout the U.S. and I’ve completed dozens of commissions for public, private, liturgical and corporate entities including:
- Aetna, Inc. (Hartford, CT)
- Cigna (Bloomfield, CT)
- KPMG (Hartford, CT)
- Saint Lawrence Church (Killingworth, CT)
- Scovill Corporation World Headquarters (Waterbury, CT)
- The State of Connecticut Public Arts Program (Hartford, CT)
Solo and two-woman shows include:
- Duke University (NC)
- Del Mano Gallery (CA)
- Schenectady Arts & Science Museum (NY)
- Paul Mellon Arts Center, Choate Rosemary Hall (CT).
In 2016, my husband and I moved to Westbrook, CT, greatly downsizing our living and work space and simplifying our lives. Thanks again to his ingenuity and carpentry skills, an efficient 5′ x 5′ corner of our new home serves amazingly well as my current studio. I no longer weave, but am equally passionate about creating artistic and functional textile pieces for home and fashion. My product line includes:
- One-of-a-kind hand-dyed baskets that are timeless, sturdy and endlessly useful;
- Soft necklaces and bracelets made with fabrics from around the world; and
- A unique sprinkling of fun and functional pieces for home, office and gift giving.
Contact me for current information on product availability.
Information on care, cleaning and materials is available on my FAQ page.